Sounding Joy

"tip tap, tip tap" the sound of rain drops hitting against the roof, oh, such a rainy day.

You know, one thing i miss from home is actually the rain. Ironically, not because it's joyful, cheery or even lifting; but it's careful and prickly, each drop having it's own say. God reminded me, to be thankful; Thankful for everything, thankful for mum and dad, for bro and sis, thankful for where I am, home, thankful for people around me, all my loved ones, thankful most of all, to be known and to know.
"Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name" 2 Samuel 22

This year has been such a wonderful experience, it's almost as if, it's been a journey of faith and trusting; seeing and exploring; learning and falling; alone yet rejoicing; ups and downs, I've known them all.

Nonetheless, it's a journey, an act of traveling from one place to another; a time of learning and trusting, and it doesn't just stop after a year, but you'll continue to journey in faith until you've end this walk; that is, until you've reached your destination.

"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ" Epehsians 4:13

I mark out each year, by chapters; starting on every 12 December, where I would sit back and reflect upon the year and my growth in Him.

One thing that became real to me this year, is about the gift of today. "the present". It's one thing to know about it and another thing to live in it. Sometimes we go about saying "owh, it's just another day." or "you know, it's the same old routine, going up, going down, all the same. Yeah there might be hiccups along the way, and with the sprinkling of triumphs occasionally, but ya, a day is just, yet another day."

Someone, asked me once, what would I say if someone predicted that I would have "bad luck" for the rest of my life (disclaimer: sorry, but "luck" isn't in my dictionary)

I wasn't thinking twice, but I answered, praise God, then!
"And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." Job 1:21
For as much as I am, I have chosen to live everyday choosing the will and purpose of the Lord. As little as I am, Lord, help me, to will and to do, today.



I love you Lord

I love you Lord, and I lift my voice,
to worship you, oh my soul rejoice.

Take joy my king, in what you hear,
let me be a sweet sweet sound,
in your ears



I thank God for blessing me with such wonderful parents; loving me with a kind and tender heart, showing me compassion and love. Even at a tender age, they've taught me well, and I've learned so much through their examples and grace. I am thankful for them. I pray that the Lord will keep them, always.

And for you, dear ones. I am thankful for you, who's seen me go through the thick and thin. You who's always there to give me a smack on the back, or a pad to the shoulder. I am grateful for your words, your thoughts and your life.
(This is just for fun - the gif pics, it doesn't mean if you're not in it, i'm less thankful for you) I'm thankful for everyone who has crossed my path and journeyed with me, encouraging me and praying for me.

I pray that you may grow to be man and woman after God's own heart, separated for Him.

Lord, take care of all those whom I love. They are yours, strengthen them and keep them in you. Daily guiding them and leading them according to Your ways. May each day of their lives be found with grace. May you grant them health and mercy, all the days of their lives. Amen.

On the end note, a story to conclude this post. It spoke to me about hearing. Hearing the voice of God. Thus, the theme for this year is taken from James 1:22-24

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does no do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.

Do You Hear The Music?
- Max Lucado -

I'm going to conclude by telling you a story you've heard before, though you've not heard it as I am goin gto tell it. But you have heard it. Surely you have, for you are in it. You are one of the characters. It is the story of the dancers who had no music.

Can you imagine how hard that would be? Dancing with no music? Day after day they came to the great hall just off the corner of Main and Broadway. They brought their wives. They brought their husbands, They brought their children and their hopes. They came to dance.

The hall was prepared for a dance. Streamers strung; punch bowls filled. Chair were placed against the walls. People arrived and sat, knowing they had come to a dance but not knowing how to dance because they had no music. They had balloons, they had cake. they even had a stage on which the musicians could play, but they had no musicians.

One time a lanky fellow claimed to be a musician. He sure looked the part, what with his belly-length and fancy violin. All stood the day he stood before them and pulled the violin out of the case and placed it beneath his chin. Now we will dance, they thought, but they were wrong. For though he had a violin, his violin had no strings. The pushing and pulling of his bow sounded like the creaking of an uncoiled door. Who can dance to the sound like that? So the dancers took their seats again.

Some tired to dance without the music. One wife convinced her husband to give it a try, so out on the floor they stepped, she dancing her way and he dancing his. Both efforts were commendable - but far from compatible. He danced some form of partnerless tango, while she was spinning like a ballerina. A few tried to follow their cur, but since there was no cue, they didn't know how to follow. The result was a dozen or so dancers without no music, going this way and that, bumping into each other and causing more than one observer to seek safely behind a chair.

Over time, however, those dancers grew weary, and everyone resumed the task of sitting and staring and wondering if anything was ever going to happen. And then one day it did.

Not everyone saw him enter. Only a few Nothing about his appearance would compel your attention. His looks were common, but his music was not. He began to sing a song, soft and sweet, kind and compelling. His song took the chill out of the air and brought a summer-sunset glow to the heart.

And as he sang, people stood - a few at first then many - and they began to dance. Together. Flowing to a music they had never heard before, they danced.

Some, however, remained seated, What kind of musician is this who never mounts the stage? Who brings no band? Who has no costume? Why, musicians don't just walk in off the street. They have an entourage, a reputation, a persona to project and protect. Why, this fellow scarcely mentioned his name!

"How can we know what you sing is actually music?"they challenged
His reply was to the point: "Let the man who has ears to hear use them." But the non dancers refused to hear. So they refused to dance. Many still refuse. The musicians comes and sings. Some dance. Some don't. Some find the music for life; others live in silence. To those who miss the music, the musician ives the same appeal; "Let the man who has ears to hear use them."


Blessed day, everyone!

1 comment:

Ronny said...

that is a wonderful way of putting it. hopefully more people can catch the tune and join in the dancing. :)