A New Lap To Run


"This is it, another race; another lap; an ongoing journey; a life long of hope; an experience of grace, in this marvelous light, I believe in faith. Not looking behind, but moving forward in the hope of glory, pressing on towards this high calling."

As I gulped down a cup of sour sweet orange juice, staring at the planes that are about to take off, I see a troop of maintenance crew having some hands on technicalities in progress. It's as though, they are preparing the plane for a mission. Now, I did wonder, "What if something would go wrong?" or if someone was not careful in their duty. As I pondered more, I was gladly reminded about all the amazing things that happened these past few months.


It sounds as though it has been such a long holiday. But time does pass by at the blink of an eye. Who knows what God has installed for us tomorrow? Who knows what I will go through the next second, none but only the creator of the heaven and the earth.


I once posted a shout out illustrating how memories are just like precious pearls that one should always keep. I am personally someone who is fond of memories, but maybe these are the things that I consider precious in life. Maybe, these are which that shapes one character. Maybe these are the stories we tell our children.


Nonetheless, not forgetting, that even as each journey is traveled, there are obstacles that block our way or fog that blurs our vision, paths that are narrow enough to shake the foundation you are built on. But how blessed is he that walks by faith and not by sight, who's foundation is built upon the Lord Jesus. So when the wind blows and the storm arises, the house built upon it shall remain. And faith comes by hearing the word of God.

I learned that we should all number our days, for we do not know the day the hour of which the Lord comes. Who do no know of the morrow. For what is your life? For it is a vapour, which appears for a little time, and then disappears. And the world passes away, and the lust of it, but he who does the will of God abides forever.

Yet a little while the Light is with you. Walk while you have the Light, lest darkness come upon you. For he who walks in darkness does not know where is goes. While you have the Light believe in the Light so that you may become sons of the Light. (John 12:35-36)


I know now, that, even as the maintenance crew works together of the preparation of the flight, likewise, how important it is the brethren keep watch of one another. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! (Ps 133:1)

(view from my apartment)

Returning to Melbourne, I see myself at the start of the race again, but not alone, because the Lord is with me.


No comments: