Crispy Walks

"Crunch, crunch" a pleasing sound that sings to my ears.

Image Hosted by PicturePush

I remembered how people used to talk and write about those crispy autumn leaves. Oh, how I used to yearn to step on them, to hear the crunchy, crispy sound. I somewhat imagined a playful scene, where children go hopping about infinitely into the restfulness and calmness of the sunset, and yet, this crispy sound strikes a rich-filling note in my heart.

Image Hosted by PicturePush

Season changes, with more and more to see; experience and events all to meet, yet a phrase keeps ringing in my heart, that has special place in what I know, "Today, salvation is here, when you hear."

Image Hosted by PicturePush

This words has always been in my heart ever since I heard it. Have we been hearing from God, all the time? A simple, yet evidently essential question I post to myself often; for when He knocks, can you hear? Do you know? Are you ready?

Image Hosted by PicturePush

The bridegroom may come upon the door to receive his bride, but which of those are the wise ones, who gets ready and fill their lamp with oil; and who are those that are the foolish ones, that are unprepared, and while they go out to get their oil lamps refilled, the bridegroom comes and the door to the wedding is shut.

Image Hosted by PicturePush

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man,
hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in the throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches." (Revelation 3:20-22)

Image Hosted by PicturePush

"Has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;" (Hebrews 1:2)

Image Hosted by PicturePush

In the past God spoke to His people through the prophets (V1) But now, God speaks to us through His son, who dwells in us, as we dwell in Him. "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20) For it's no longer I, but Christ that lives in me. Here, we see that God speaks to us through His Son, in which the Lord dwells in the hearts of His people, Let us now take heed of our hearts that we may dwell in the Lord and He dwells in us, that we may listen and hear from God directly, that He may teach us His ways.

Image Hosted by PicturePush

Amidst all the busyness in studies, work or even gatherings, how have we been hearing from God? if we are so caught up with the things and is unprepared, how can we ever know when he knocks on the door? I remember Samuel ko used to described the tern BUSY as B.U.S.Y. - Being Under Satan's Yoke. Who's yoke, then, are we carrying?

"For My yoke is
easy and My burden is light." (Matthew 11:30)

Image Hosted by PicturePush

I would have to admit, at times, I am really busy with the never ending assignments and upcoming semester exam, sometimes even drawing me away from spending time with God. But, the Lord reminds me, "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." (Deuteronomy 6:5)

Image Hosted by PicturePush

While doing my first assignment for Creativity, Plays and Arts, I struggled a lot with my flesh. It is an observational task, whereby you go around places where children play and interact, and our task was to write an analysis about how their actions and interactions can be classified as creative or/and playful or/and artistic. My first site was allocated at the Early Learning Childhood Centre, and my observations were rather successful, however for my second site observation, it was otherwise. I did my second observation at the playground near the Community Flats in Lygon Street, and the children there were very rowdy, and rough. They would say things like, "I will kick you, and you will cry." Just to get the other kid away from pastering her to get off the swing.

Image Hosted by PicturePush

Nothing seem impressively creative, playful or artistic. What shall I write about Lord? Can I just fake all my observations? Can I lie about all of them? But, the Lord convicted me, how is this potraying the life of Christ in me? how can I say, yes it's no longer I that liveth, but Christ that liveth in me, and still fake and lie about an observation? Although this may seem to be a small tiny incident, but the Lord just told me, even in this small things you fail to let your yay be yay and nay be nay, how then can you say, your life reflects the life of Christ? because it doesn't.

Image Hosted by PicturePush

I rejoiced and laid down the whole assignment into His hands, knowing that although my observations didn't seem to be very impressive, but I have learned a very valuable lesson from God. In all things, big or SMALL, let your life trully reflect the life of Christ, even when
no one is watching you.

Image Hosted by PicturePush

Blessed week everyone!

"Instead, He grew
strong and was empowered by faith as he gave praise and glory to God, fully satisfied and assured that God was able and mighty to keep His word"
Romans 4:20 - 21

1 comment: