His Sheep Knows His Voice

Recently I’ve been meditating about hearing, and I realised that we do live in the world where everyone has something to say about something. Be it good or bad, I judge not. But, one thing really struck me through this season, is about hearing, not just hearing anything. But hearing the voice of God.

IMG_7228-5framed
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.  (John 10:27)

I find myself sometimes deeply affected by what someone would say or what someone would comment, but ultimately if it’s not from God, such emotions or unpleasant feeling in my heart would just be of vainglory. And sometimes, I do need to humble myself to accept the teachings and sharing from my brothers and sisters, who keep me accountable, like a watchman that watches over the tower.
The Lord reminded me that He is my great shepherd and I am His sheep, and his sheep will always know the voice of the master, and they follow thereafter. They are known of Him, and He is known of them.
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)
IMG_4735
In Him there is life, and His words is life, that is why Jesus said as He was led to the wilderness, and after 40 days he was tempted, “It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” (Matthew 4:4)
The life we’re referring to is our spiritual life, without hearing from God, how can we simply say that our spirit man is alive? How can we proclaim that I have a relationship with God but all I do is talk and not listen? But as we hear, and we obey, we live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of our father. Jesus did what the father wanted Him to do and therefore Jesus could say, “When you see Me, you see the Father.”
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. (Psalm 119:105)
IMG_7946-2 framed
His words shall light up our path, His words can lead us through, and as we wait upon the Lord, He shall renew our strength, we shall rise up on wings of eagles, we shall run and not be weary we shall walk and not faint. As we wait upon Him, we shall be strengthen by the word of God. And faith can be build upon by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. And as we hear, we hearken unto the voice of God.
“Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own self. (James 1:19-22)
IMG_8134-1framed
Let us therefore, hearken unto Him. It is not for us to live to the standard and ways of the world, but to live by the way that the Lord has ordained unto us. And the only way we would know is that we follow after Him. And He shall work in us both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
I want to know you more, I want to live for you alone, I am yours.
To Know Him
To know Him
To know Him
Is the cry of my heart
Holy Spirit reveal Him to me
To hear what He’s saying
Bring life to my soul
To know Him
To know Him alone
I determine not to know any thing among you save Jesus Christ and Him crucified. (1 Corinthians 2:2)
Grampians

7 comments:

My Sheep hears My Voice said...

Hello Kat, thank God for this encouraging post. Let's keep hearing His voice. God bless you.

Poh Wei said...

Amen. Let us continue to hear His voice and to live according to His word.

And from hearing of His word, may we have faith and may the faith be accompanied by works, that it may be complete like a tree planted by the stream, that bears fruits.

GBU

Kathrynchs said...

Uncle Tsan, praise the Lord! His spirit encourages me and strengthens me every step that I take. I praise Him with all my heart. Longing to be home with my big family of Christ! God bless you.


Poh Wei, amen!! awaken unto righteousness, O saints of the most high! Submit yourselves to the Lord, resist the Devil and He will flee from you. Draw nigh to Him and He will draw nigh to you. I'll always remember that! God bless you

yTze said...

Beauuuuutiful pics, beautiful writing...

what more can I say? =)

*hug*

yTze said...

Actually, a lot more la!

I miss you.
I want to see you.
How are you?
Where are you?

:D

Kathrynchs said...

yTze,

Praise God for His words, btw, who are you?

Kathrynchs said...

JULIA! I just found out from Kim, it's you!!! how are you dear??? It's been sooo long, HUGS back to you! I'm in Melb along with Kimmy too! How's canada? Are you going back anytime soon? I miss you too! I'm currently having finals. But I'll catch up with you soon!