Be Still & Know That He is God

st kildaframed

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. – Psalm 46:10 -

We often hear this phrase and sing this song ,“Be still, and know that He is God”. To live by this words really means a lot, it means that you shut away all the voice of the strangers around you speaking lies that opposes His words, voice of the flesh desiring things of the world, which is corrupted and not of the spirit. 3 things that entices our flesh away from His purpose in our lives are not unfamiliar to us, but in fact, it has been so common in our lives, that we sometimes (not in the spirit) do not even realise it’s working in our lives.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, it is of the world.         – 1 John 2:16 -

Lust of the flesh, satisfy the desires of the flesh, but does not bring life to the spirit man, in fact, it brings forth death. Yes the satisfaction is there, but it is only temporary, and it causes us to want to find something in the world that can satisfy the flesh. But as He comes to fill you with spiritual matters, you shall not lack and shall have all things that pertain unto life and godliness. Even when the multitude was following Jesus for 3 days and had nothing to eat,  and his disciples answered him, From whence can a man satisfy these men with bread here in the wilderness? (Mark 8:4) In man’s eyes it is simple impossible that the Lord is able to fill us, but His words also tells us,

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.      - Matthew 4:4 -

Let us see this through our spiritual eyes, He is not saying that we should literally starve ourselves to death to prove His words, but He is saying, for man to live (be alive spiritually) we LIVE by EVERY WORD that PROCEEDS out of the mouth of God. That is, Today is you hear, this is the day of salvation. and His words are living words, guiding you and bringing you through in this journey or faith, into the manifestations of the sons of God.

Lust of the eyes, our eyes often deceive us into believing things that are not from Him. For example, when I was down with hay fever just before my final paper, I could not concentrate in studying physiology and pharmacology, everything seemed to be so hard, so tough, and I was often fatigue. In my fleshly eyes I saw that I was DOOM. I saw that I was so weak, tired, I even saw that it was necessary to complain and complain and pretty much complain even more.

And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. – Matthew 5:29 -

Another struggle I face, is comparison, I see that others are better off, I see that people are more than I can ever be, I see problems, and all the negative things. BUT God reminded me, why do I compare myself to another person, just so that I can please people around me, because these people also compares. But this is what the psalmist wrote, “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.” – Psalm 139:14 – It is much more important to please the Lord much more than men, for God is eternal and men. The thing is, if you desire Him more than anything else, He will put His desires in your heart, and you will be able to overcome the flesh by His spirit. To be what He has called us out to be, is greater than gaining the whole world. I’ve learnt to live not according to the standards of the world, or the standards of others, but to live according to His Spirit.

Lastly the pride of life, pride is in everyone, only those who overcome will rid themselves of pride. These words may seem very familiar to most of us “I want to beat everyone around me in studies”, “I want to be better than anyone”, “I can do it by myself”, “I am my own god and I can be better off without Him”. One thing I realised, is that if we allow the man of sin to operate in this temple, we will never ever be satisfied, because it’s NEVER ENOUGH.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. – 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 -

As for myself, I personally face all three of these in my life always, this shows me that I’m not there yet, and I still need to press on towards the goal that is Christ in us the hope of Glory, not by my own strength, but out of my hearing and obeying relationship, will I be able to gird up the loins of my mind, and overcome this flesh nature. It is only when we depend on Him, and trust, believe and wanting to be changed into His image to come into His rest, that we will be able to die to sin. To know that Christ is our example, that we are able to come before Him in times of need.

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.                   – Hebrews 4:14-16 -

To know that He is God

Dear Lord, cause our spiritual eyes to see you, cause our spiritual ears to hear from you that we may live with Your vision and purpose, that we may mind the things that are spiritual, to know that You are God. Amen

No comments: