A Switch or Two

IMG_9687framed

I have thoughts, thoughts about God, about how His people should be and what His people should do. Some thoughts are about the world, how we are drilled into the culture, traditions, or how we conform to the ways of the world. I frequently think about things, asking the Lord many questions indeed. I must say this year took another twist as compared to last year.

I think one of the things that I struggle with is living a self-centred life, where it’s all about me, me , ME. Look at how many times I’ve used the word ‘I’ in just this short post. Hence, I hardly blog nowadays about my life. Somehow when God opened my eyes to see ‘relationships’ between two individual; between spouses, parent-child, children, or any of such sort, I began to see how I always had EXPECTATIONS. It was always about my interest, my day, my life. Of course, I would be cautious as to not continue on and on about MY LIFE, I would ask, so ‘how was your day? etc.’ only to provoke a response to lead to myself again. I wonder how many of us are like that.

‘MY FEELINGS MATTER’ so much so until we base our relationships on feelings. What FEELS GOOD is right, or even if it trespasses God’s standard in our lives it doesn’t matter, because IT FEELS GOOD.

God had reveal to me this weakness I had, and caused me to look upon the cross.

Jesus had feelings too, BUT His love for us was not based on feelings but based on obedience unto the Father.

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. (1 John 5:2-3)

It took me quite awhile to understand this verse, or for this verse to become living words in my life. Yes, it’s simple English, “lawful commandments” but I couldn’t grasp the full meaning behind this verse, until I realised our love for God, should not be defined by religious feel good emotions. Often we would come out of a sermon saying ‘WOW that preacher is so funny, he caught my attention throughout the sermon” but love was so much so exampled through the life of Christ. When He was at the garden of Gethsemane, He prayed, Father, if it was possible let this cup pass from me. BUT NOT MY WILL BE DONE BUT YOURS. He obediently shed his blood, died on the cross for our sins, just so that we could come into life, and life everlasting. 

I know this is a very scrambled post (it’s late at night, but I just had to note down my thoughts), but what the Lord has challenged me these few days is to love and give without any expectations, in other words, following the footsteps of our master. Learning to love selflessly. Honestly, it’s hard, because I often find myself doing, but not getting anything in return, and you can see that’s not the point, it’s about obedience unto the Lord, and learning to love with His love. And even when I don’t get the response back, or even when the things I do go unnoticed, BUT because when we walk in the light of His spirit, our giving shall no longer be limited by our expectations. And we’ll be blessed more than we can imagine for we have our life hidden in Him.

God bless you and goodnight.

1 comment:

gloriatsan said...

i love this post despite the fact that u were rambling :)

thank God for His revelation!